Being healthy is more than good looks, nice structure, great hygiene, smooth skin, and fresh breath. If you’re really healthy outside, the insides should be as good as the outside. Your organs should have no damages; tissues work well, and body processes doing fine. Body systems should be in their top working capacity with no interruptions from foreign organisms. If youre overweight, you need help to get in top condition. Food contains nutrients. Nutrients make and keep us healthy. Here’s one weight loss tip, Stay healthy and Eat right. Here are a list of nutrients and what they can offer and give you to make you healthy as you can be.
• Carbohydrate (Saccharides), also known as sugars, is the main source of energy. They are categorized into three. Monosaccharide, disaccharides, and polysaccharides. Monosaccharide is the simplest sugar. Two joined monosaccharide are called Disaccharides. polysaccharides are any of a class of carbohydrates whose molecules contain chains of monosaccharide molecules. Food Sources: Rice, Bread
• Proteins are organic compounds made up of amino acids. They increase metabolism. Foods containing these are categorized into three depending on how much protein the food has. Complete, partially complete, and incomplete. Complete proteins can support life and growth, partially complete supports either life of growth, while incomplete cannot support both. Food Sources: Food from animal products
• Fat is a highly concentrated source of energy. 1 gram of these is equivalent of 9 calories. It’s solid in room temperature and liquid when melted. Contains fatty acids. It’s important for body heat and insulation. Food Sources: Oil, Fast foods, Chocolates
• Vitamin is a compound required as a nutrient by organisms. It came from the word “Vitamine” a combination of amine, and vita, meaning amine of life. It is used for preventing certain diseases, for boosting body organ functioning, and for keeping body systems healthy and in shape. Each vitamin has its own function. Food Sources: Oranges-Vit. C, Squash- Vit. A, Sunlight- Vit. D, Meat products- Vit. B
• Minerals are chemical elements which support human life. They support bodily process and are needed for the construction of cells, like RBCs. Minerals can either be Micro or macro. Depending on their sizes and how they help the human body. Food Sources: Milk- Calcium, And Phosphorus, Banana-Potassium, Sea Vegetables- Sodium
Good nutrition in equals energy out. Burn the energy with exercise to create muscle mass, which in turn burns energy. This is a positively reinforcing cycle. Walking is a great exercise to burn energy while toning and building muscles. The goal of losing weight to be in top condition is important.